Tuesday, September 5, 2017

What's Trending?

Shopping Our Stash challenge #319 is What's Trending? I'm not sure what is trending and in quizzing around I got lot's of answers so I picked one that I had everything for on hand.  Of course the Oxide inks are not really old but I had two in my stash that had never been used, in fact I took the plastic off the ink pad to use it. I also have seen a lot of flamingos lately and I had a couple that have only been used to send a flamingo lovin' friend a few. The acetate is also old not sure where I even bought it and not only did I have one project case with it I had two.  Anyway I'm happy with what I think is trending.....and here it is.



I had a lot of fun making this card, I made one in a class a couple of weeks ago and wanted to try one on my own. The background is done by smooshing broken china ink on my teflon sheet, spritzing it with water and dragging the cardstock through it until I liked how it swirled. All the dies I used are unbranded ones, with the exception of the IO clouds and the happy birthday.


The inside of the card.


Side view



And a beach scene wouldn't be complete without some super cute Eyelet Outlet seashell brads.

I will add the sentiment to the back of the card or maybe a short sentiment on the inside.

I really enjoyed playing with the oxide ink and look forward to getting a few more colours. Now it's your turn, what do you think is trending? we would like to know so enter your project at Shopping Our Stash Blog before Monday September 11 @ 11.55 EDT.

I would like to enter this in.

Seize the Birthday ~~ colours Blue/Green and or Aqua

Tuesday Throwdown ~~ dies and/or punches

Thanks for spending time here today and have a fabulous week.




7 comments:

Donna said...

Fab job Barb!
Love the acetate layer!
And those flamingos and seashells...perfect!

Lindsey said...

You are hitting so many trends with this card... and so perfectly! Love it. :)

Terri Winske said...

Great use of all things in your stash!! Love the flamingo and the tropical feel to your card. Thanks very much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ahh!! Love the background Barbara, what a great look you created for your adorable flamingos, the acetate layer with the sentiment is a fabulous detail.
Hugs,
Maria.

Lucille K said...

Perfect pink flamingo card :)

Mimi said...

SO COOL! I didn't know this was a clear-covered card (is there a name? IDK...) and it looks just awesome, and I also want to say that any product un-used totally qualifies as SOS... I mean, I know for me, I buy things thinking I'll use them, then I don't! LOVE this one.

TaeEun said...

This is an awesome design with an acetate cover! The combination of aqua and coral is very pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!