Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Paper Piecing Christmas Trees.....

I checked out the ABC Christmas Challenge Blog ~~ P is for paper piecing and I thought, hmm I can do that, I found the perfect stamp from the Artful Stamper that I picked up at an Estate Sale. It makes a perfect image for paper piecing with the exception it's a lot of fussy cutting.  If I hurry I can also put it in for the Jingle Belles Rock We three kings to use multiples of three, thus three paper pieced trees and it closes in 2 hours. I haven't made a shaped card for eons, I can't remember the last one I made but here it is.


I used my two fisker's star punches for the stars and added the rhinestones to the circles on the trees and the ones in the background.


finished the inside with a couple of layers and a sentiment.

I am adding this to:

ABC Christmas Challenge   P is for Paper Piecing

Jingle Belles Rock   We Three Kings

Thanks for visiting today and I have one more Christmas card for my collection.

5 comments:

lauren bergold said...

holy moly you've slid in under the wire with yet ANOTHER fab "we three kings" card and this one miiiiiight just be my fave! love the trees and of course i ALWAYS love a shaped card! well done you, you've really rocked this theme the entire fortnight! ♥♥♥

KT Fit Kitty said...

Very nice paper piecing, Barb! For some reason I rarely use this technique. I'm not sure why because I love the look of it. Great shaped card too. Something else I rarely do - I always end up grabbing a square or A2. Thanks for the inspiration!

SmilynStef said...

Those paper pieced trees are fantastic ... love it ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.

Tracy said...

Very pretty card, those paper pieced trees are so fun!!!

Adventures in Paperland said...

Love those paper pieced trees!!! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Lisa DT